Research Services aims to support and promote research at HKU by
- Providing information on and co-ordinating submissions to research funding opportunities.
- Providing guidelines on contract research.
- Welcoming collaboration opportunities with industry, business and the community.
- Promoting Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) within the University community.
- Supporting research ethics compliance.
- Administering the HKU internal awards for research excellence.
- Informing the HKU community about external awards.
Research Services also
- Provides administrative support for the Vice-President and Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research) and the University Research Committee (URC).
- Provides information on research at HKU to the University Grants Committee, including research output information provided by researchers through the Research Outputs System.
- Works closely with academic departments and faculties, including working with Faculty Research Committees, which identify, co-ordinate and advise on the development of research in each Faculty and on the preparation and presentation of research proposals and which also are called on by the URC to provide advice in the policy-making process.
- Complements other service / administrative offices that provide support to researchers, in particular the Mainland Research Projects Office, the Graduate School, the Knowledge Exchange Office, the Technology Transfer Office, and Human Resources.